A guide to managing Investigations and the DisciplinariesIt is important to have a Staff Handbook and contract in place as it sets out what is acceptable or not in the organisation from the start, ensures there is no room for doubt when it comes to addressing acts of misconduct.
Following the company procedure will help stop claims of unfair dismissal and give you the power to defend if there is a claim.
The course involves a presentation and quiz which must be passed to gain the certificate for completing the course.
Objective of the course to understand:
- The Importance of Contracts and Handbooks
- What warrants disciplinary action
- What you can do informally
- How to deal with an investigation
- The possible disciplinary outcomes
- When to suspend
- How to conduct a disciplinary hearing
- What the law says you must do
- What a tribunal will question and what it could cost you getting it wrong